$500 Scholarship Offer from Skyhound Internet
*** Update September 1, 2019***
Thank you to all of the participants that submitted their applications. The winner of our 2019 Skyhound Scholarship is Sydney Shingle who is attending Columbia College in Chicago as a Filmmaking and Media Production Major. Congratulation Sydney! Read our complete news release here.
Skyhound Internet is an innovative website development company dedicated to helping create high-quality and creative websites. We provide a number of different services to those who need a business website, including domain registration, website design, web application programming, marketing, and video production services.
At Skyhound, we understand how expensive it can be to get a college education; yet how important it is for those who want to pursue a career in digital media or video production. For this reason, Skyhound is offering a $500 scholarship to college students attending an accredited college or university.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
Winner Announced: June 15, 2019
The $500 scholarship is being offered for a college or university student who is working toward a digital media related degree, or a degree in television or video production.
Digital media and video production go hand in hand for successful business marketing these days. With this in mind, students interested in this scholarship should write a 1,000-word essay on the importance and benefits of including professional videos on websites. What advantages will the use of video offer on a website? What should the video focus on to have the biggest impact? What is the future of web and video convergence?
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- You must be accepted into an accredited college or university
- GPA must be at least 3.0
- You must be in good standing at your college or university
- You must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Any class student may apply
- Submit an essay no longer than 1,000 words via email to [email protected]
- We encourage personal stories and anecdotes to illustrate your points
- Your essay should include excellent grammar and show a thorough understanding of the topic
- All entries must be received by midnight PST May 31, 2019
- The winner will be announced no later than June 15, 2019
- The winner will need to provide proof of high school diploma or GED as well as proof of acceptance into a college or university
- The winner will be notified by email and must respond within 14 days. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be selected.
- Any questions should be emailed to [email protected]